Gridley Public Library District
320 Center Street
Post Office Box 370
Gridley, Illinois 61744
Director: Linda Zimmerman
The first Gridley Public Library began in 1913 by a group of ladies from an organization called the Pandora Club. The club endorsed strong community involvement. Through various fund raising projects, the club established the first library in July of 1916 with 500 books. With the help of the community donating books and books bought by the club, the expanding library sought 3 different locations by 1929. In 1979, the present library was built. In 1988, the library became a district library, allowing it to be independent from the city. The library is tax supported by the district residents.
MORE ABOUT US
Gridley Public Library District is a part of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System, RAILS, located in Burr Ridge, Illinois.